• Online Ever: 195
  • (October 28, 2018, 01:08:30 PM)
Users Online
Users: 0
Guests: 15
Total: 16
Google
VigLink badge

Sonic Carb Cleaning?Who's got one of the new ...Stihl fs66 strimmerSTIHL Product RecallCarburettor for Kawasaki ...Nextbase 522GW Dash Cam w...EGO 20 in. 56-Volt Lithiu...EGO 20 in. 56 Volt Lithiu...Porting for extra perform...Added a couple of new smi...Briggs Instart engines. @...Briggs and Stratton Auto ...Show us the gardening dea...Look after your Fuel, and...Ariens Razor2 stroke hover mower engi...

Author Topic: Brill Spares  (Read 1871 times)

Offline anglefire

• View Profile
Brill Spares
« on: May 24, 2017, 05:58:51 AM »
I have a Brill EF41 (I think) lawnmover, that I've had for a few years now - cuts reasonably well - consider the state of our lawn, but the blade is a bit knackered - where we got it from has closed, and online spares seem few and far between.

Any ideas

Offline Mick

• Administrator
    • View Profile
    • Guitarist Guild
Re: Brill Spares
« Reply #1 on: May 24, 2017, 06:28:37 AM »
Hi Mark.

I'll take a look when I get to work, see if one of the suppliers knows where to obtain one, or an equivalent blade for the job.  If a direct replacement isn't available then some measuring and a blade from something else might be the only route.

I'm assuming this mower is an electric 41cm cut machine?

Offline anglefire

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: May 24, 2017, 05:22:46 PM »
Yes that sounds about right.  ;D

Offline Mick

• Administrator
    • View Profile
    • Guitarist Guild
« Reply #3 on: May 29, 2017, 12:09:59 PM »
Could have sworn I'd replied to this.  My apologies.  Moved site to new server so my post didn't get included in the backup.

Now, I asked the guys at work about this, and they basically said I have no chance of getting one from any of our suppliers.  Looks like you might have to get an alternative which will fit.

Sorry Mark

Offline anglefire

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: June 02, 2017, 09:13:58 PM »
That's OK Mick - was a bit of a long shot - I think I got a quote a couple of years ago some something like £30 or 40 :o

I'll get it sharpened at my Dads and see how it goes and if its no good, get a new mower.

I would like one that the blade is at least as wide as the wheels as I have grass up to a small wall and can never get right to the edge - same on when cutting to the edge of boarders.