TGMForum

Recent Posts

Members
Stats
  • Total Posts: 2,065
  • Total Topics: 778
  • Online today: 64
  • Online ever: 275 (January 22, 2020, 07:39:54 PM)
Users Online
  • Users: 0
  • Guests: 43
  • Total: 43
  • Yandex
  • Google (2)

Qualcast strimmer

Started by Gastricj, June 01, 2024, 11:24:19 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Gastricj

Hi I'm new to this site I have a qualcast TE30H and my pull cord has snapped. I have stripped it down to the clutch but can remove it can anyone tell me which way to turn it to loosen the clutch please any advice would be appreciated

Mick

Hi Gastricj and welcome to TGMF

Usually it would undo in the same direction as the engine turns when it's running, so it tightens itself when running.  in your case I believe it's anti clockwise. Most of these things have a arrow on them indicating the removal direction.
My websites
TGMForum Youtube Channel Please subscribe https://www.youtube.com/@TGMForum
Guitarist Guild

Gastricj

Quote from: Mick on June 01, 2024, 11:41:04 AMHi Gastricj and welcome to TGMF

Usually it would undo in the same direction as the engine turns when it's running, so it tightens itself when running.  in your case I believe it's anti clockwise. Most of these things have a arrow on them indicating the removal direction.
I took a picture of it but the file is too big and I've put it back together for now so can't show you the picture

Gastricj

Can anyone suggest a clutch removal tool for this strimmer please and a link to where to get it many thanks for any help

Mick

Quote from: Gastricj on June 02, 2024, 06:46:41 AMCan anyone suggest a clutch removal tool for this strimmer please and a link to where to get it many thanks for any help

I have no idea where you'll get the proper tool as I don't normally work on that brand. I know this doesn't help, but if one of my existing tools didn't fit I'd make one, or improvise in some other way.
My websites
TGMForum Youtube Channel Please subscribe https://www.youtube.com/@TGMForum
Guitarist Guild

TGMF is a participant in the Amazon EU Associates Program. This affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to products on Amazon.