• Online Today: 3
  • Online Ever: 29
  • (March 23, 2017, 09:14:43 PM)
Users Online
Users: 0
Guests: 3
Total: 3
VigLink badge

UPDATE: Christchurch gard...Make your first cut countA to Z of herbs: G is for...Grow your own rhubarbBest power attachments fo...How to Sharpen Your Chain...Battery tools on the upKit for pitchesBattle of the sizes 200 l...Question time with the UK...Making and using leaf mou...Planting spring-flowering...Stylised Hedge Trimming T...ECHO winter storage tipsVIDEO: Review of Pellenc ...VIDEO: Makita Twin 18V LX...

Author Topic: Decent midrange out-front rideon mowers: Husqvarna or Stiga? Or?  (Read 419 times)

Offline RusticRatbag

• View Profile
My garden’s about an acre and a half and has trees, shrubs, slopes and is rough in parts. I’m getting too old and bad tempered to be towed about by a 30” Toro TimeWaster so am going for a ride-on. It needs AWD, hydro drive to wheels and blades ie no belts, must be able to get under shrubs, have a small TC and large wheels and be very manoeuvrable. I don’t like B&S engines, so Honda/Kwacker/Subaru? 100/110 cm deck would be about right.
I’m thinking of Husqvarna or Stiga but I’ve heard pos and neg about both makes for build quality and reliability. Anyone any suggestions/experiences please?

Offline Mick

• Administrator
    • View Profile
    • Guitarist Guild
Re: Decent midrange out-front rideon mowers: Husqvarna or Stiga? Or?
« Reply #1 on: April 22, 2018, 06:39:16 PM »
Not had much to do with Husqvarna to be honest.  Stiga is ok but pretty sure they don't make a hydro powered deck, all belts unfortunately.

Why not take a look at a Ariens Zoom zero turn machine.  https://www.ariens.com/en-gb/lawn-products/zero-turn-riding-mowers/zoom/zoom-42

Or perhaps one of the Toro Zero turns, if you prefer a steering wheel.  :)