• Online Today: 5
  • Online Ever: 195
  • (October 28, 2018, 01:08:30 PM)
Users Online
Users: 0
Guests: 9
Total: 9
VigLink badge

STIHL HT-KM Pole prunerHarrier proHonda Air Filters Calls for ban on Leaf-Blo...Amazon Black Friday dealsAmazon Hidden Gems SaleStamp Out Tool TheftPorting for extra perform...Please Read before postin...Please Read before postin...Husqvarna 122cSonic Carb Cleaning?Euro Car Parts Mid Month ...Who's got one of the new ...Stihl fs66 strimmerSTIHL Product Recall

Author Topic: STIHL HT-KM Pole pruner  (Read 6296 times)

Offline Green Man

• View Profile
Re: STIHL HT-KM Pole pruner
« Reply #15 on: December 04, 2019, 05:31:23 AM »
I have a Stihl KM130 Kombi with the older(good) HT-KM pole saw head. After 5 years of continuous abuse the bearings in the saw head fragged. The shrapnel ate the oil pump too. It looks like I may be able to "save" it by replacing the driven shaft bearings. Stihl PN# {inboard, sprocket end} 9503-003-5190 (6001-2RS) and PN# {outboard} 9503-003-5860 (609-2RS) are about $20 US Dollars each locally, but only about 10 British Pounds ($13 US) each from L&S Engineers. Apparently Stihl platinum plates each US part...
Anyway, I will source aftermarket bearings at about $5 each and reassemble to check the gears for livability. If that works, I'll replace the oil pump and add a couple fill & drain screws so I can run gear oil instead of hoping that the grease happens to find the rubbing surfaces.
The US techs all hate the new saw heads; they said that Stihl is going to revert to the older style this year.
Wish me luck...GM

Offline Mick

• Administrator
    • View Profile
    • Guitarist Guild
Re: STIHL HT-KM Pole pruner
« Reply #16 on: December 04, 2019, 05:23:26 PM »
Hi Green Man, and welcome to TGMF.  :tup:

Must admit the new pruner attachment seems a bit Micky Mouse build wise compared to the older ones.  The castings are ultra thin a don't look very strong, almost looks like it was designed specifically for a battery machine.   

So I don't blame you for trying to resurrect your old unit.  ;)  Let us know how you get on with it.