• Online Today: 11
  • Online Ever: 195
  • (October 28, 2018, 01:08:30 PM)
Users Online
Users: 0
Guests: 2
Total: 2
VigLink badge

Weibang 48VTop TipsShow us the gardening dea...Stihl Blowers eating diap...Have you gone cordless / ...Black Friday DealsSTIHL recalls STIHL MSA 1...STIHL HT-KM Pole prunerVariable speed verses fix...Hs81 won't rev up once wa...STIHL MS200T vs 201TDoes anyone know where I ...UPDATE: Christchurch gard...Make your first cut countA to Z of herbs: G is for...Grow your own rhubarb

Author Topic: Have you gone cordless / battery powered?  (Read 3992 times)

Offline Harvz

• View Profile
Re: Have you gone cordless / battery powered?
« Reply #15 on: August 15, 2017, 09:41:35 PM »
I think that battery powered rather than petrol powered might be the future for those tools that are used less often, such as pole pruners. I was tempted to buy a cordless strimmer, but ended up with petrol due to the concern about long term cost of batteries.
 It will be interesting to see what happens over the next few years though, as cars move away from petrol and diesel more and more.

Offline anglefire

• View Profile
« Reply #16 on: November 18, 2018, 08:31:30 AM »
I've bought a battery mower this year - though its not been used that much as the weather stopped the grass growing too much (Yeah!)

Went for a small Greenworks one - so low end, cheap job.

But it does do the job nicely. Came with 2 batteries and I can just about do the front and back if its not too long on one battery - but can just need the second one to finish the front if its a bit longer.

The only real criticism is that the handle is a bit low - not much probably 2" or so. Other than that, its ok.

Offline Mick

• Administrator
    • View Profile
    • Guitarist Guild
« Reply #17 on: November 18, 2018, 12:12:18 PM »
Mark thanks for that info, sure others will find it useful. Greenworks seem like pretty good value to be fair.

I also have a tiny little Wolf cordless mower, it's one of the very first ones they made doesn't run as long on a charge as the new ones.  But I must say, I just find the battery power so convenient, no faffing about with petrol or electric cables.  Just so light and easy to use.