Argos For your Home and Garden Products.

Recent Posts

Members
  • Total Members: 42
  • Latest: jacko1
Stats
  • Total Posts: 344
  • Total Topics: 140
  • Online Today: 12
  • Online Ever: 195
  • (October 28, 2018, 01:08:30 PM)
Users Online
Users: 0
Guests: 7
Total: 7
VigLink badge

Who's got one of the new ...STIHL Product RecallCarburettor for Kawasaki ...Nextbase 522GW Dash Cam w...EGO 20 in. 56-Volt Lithiu...EGO 20 in. 56 Volt Lithiu...Porting for extra perform...Added a couple of new smi...Briggs Instart engines. @...Briggs and Stratton Auto ...Show us the gardening dea...Look after your Fuel, and...Ariens Razor2 stroke hover mower engi...Euro Car PartsEfco versus Husqvarna

Author Topic: Who's got one of the new Hayter Harrier's  (Read 630 times)

Offline Mick

• Administrator
    • View Profile
    • Guitarist Guild
Who's got one of the new Hayter Harrier's
« on: June 14, 2019, 04:55:47 PM »
Who's got one of the new hayter Harrier 48 Model 475A, 48 Pro 479A, Or 56: 575A, 56 Pro 579A? Just wondering what you think of them compared to the older models.  These are the ones with the BBC blade clutch.

Think the contractor will love them as they are so bloody fast compared to the older models.  In fact if I didn't know better I'd say they have made them a tad too fast for most users. That said they do already supply a kit to sow them down, but I haven't seen or fitted one yet.

Offline Mick

• Administrator
    • View Profile
    • Guitarist Guild
Re: Who's got one of the new Hayter Harrier's
« Reply #1 on: September 15, 2019, 10:25:46 AM »
Getting back to the speed on these new Hayter Harriers.

:hmm: I do believe Hayter's have screwed up a little on this, you nearly have to run behind the 41 Pro, so I'd imagine the operator is going to be slightly knackered after a days mowing, not to mention there's no way it'll cut properly at that speed, especially with todays reduced engine speeds.

Hayter's do offer a speed reduction kit which consists of a couple of sprockets and a chain, the one for the roller being larger.  There's also a new plastic chain cover in the kit modified to fit over the new enlarged sprocket.  But unfortunately this kit is not free, and you'll have to stump up for it.  It's about £20 for the kit if I remember correctly.

Anyway, happy mowing.  ;)