• Online Today: 2
  • Online Ever: 29
  • (March 23, 2017, 09:14:43 PM)
Users Online
Users: 0
Guests: 4
Total: 4
VigLink badge

HAIX Work BootsBlack Friday DealsBriggs & Stratton Carbure...New Hayter Harrier 41 375...Best petrol mower <£600Moss Killer?Why Honda Why?Two Stroke OilWeibang Lawnmowers.Mulch it or Collect it?Have you gone cordless / ...Mower TrendsAutomatic Choke SystemsHonda HRX 476Recall of HSA 56 Cordless...STIHL recall for HSA 65 a...

Author Topic: Honda HRX 476  (Read 596 times)

Offline Mick

• Administrator
    • View Profile
    • Guitarist Guild
Honda HRX 476
« on: May 10, 2017, 06:00:57 PM »
Had a customer bring in his Honda HRX476 yesterday. He said it lost its drive and the chain had come off. 

Today I decided to take a look, thinking it would have the usual problem of the outer pin shearing on the gearbox output shaft, (had loads of these) and the chain falling off because the gearbox shifting and putting the sprocket out of line. 

But this wasn't the case this time.  The end of the output shaft including the top sprocket had worn through and dropped off, and disappeared completely.  Doh.. 8)

Offline Marks Mowers

• View Profile
Re: Honda HRX 476
« Reply #1 on: August 09, 2017, 07:24:32 PM »
Local honda dealer has told a couple of my customers they need new gearboxes when all that's gone is that pin.
But never seen one where through before

Offline Mick

• Administrator
    • View Profile
    • Guitarist Guild
Re: Honda HRX 476
« Reply #2 on: August 09, 2017, 07:28:50 PM »
Hi Mark.  I've not seen one as bad as this before, I've seen them with a bit of ware on the shaft when the bearing had seized, but obviously this one had gone beyond that point.   ;)

green-reaper