TGMForum
halfords

Recent Posts

Members
Stats
  • Total Posts: 1,854
  • Total Topics: 729
  • Online today: 80
  • Online ever: 275 (January 22, 2020, 07:39:54 PM)
Users Online
  • Users: 0
  • Guests: 17
  • Total: 17
  • Google

Weibang legacy 48 pro

Started by johnboy, May 13, 2019, 03:01:41 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

johnboy

I have a legacy 48 pro that's almost 2 years old and have just taken it in for a service, I have been told it needs new drive belts (that would be the second replacement belts so three sets since new) and the chain case is worn through so new casing and chain. with service about £400.
I called Weibang and they recon this is fair ware and tear Weibang said the chain case is caused by driving the mower over hard ground on to lower height setting

Has anybody had a similar problem

Mick

Hi johnboy, and welcome to TGMF.

Not one of my favourite machines to be honest, but even so £400 seems very steep for a service on this type of machine, especially if the chain and cover are the only extra parts required. 

I have had a couple of chain covers which had worn through, but usually associated with running along the edge of concrete paths etc.  They really need a protective steel strip welded to the frame below it.   I also had one that broke the roller shaft in half, that also suffered chain cover failure.

Belts, the last one I repaired had fairly loose belts, and this was caused by the double intermediate pulley which had lost it's spring tension, the spring had gone very limp.
My websites
TGMForum Youtube Channel Please subscribe https://www.youtube.com/@TGMForum
Guitarist Guild

johnboy

Hi I have a big issue with the company who import who are telling me that I have been running it over hard surfaces on the lowest height setting which will damage the chain casing , and is not a design fault
1 I have never used the lowest setting
2 how do you get a mower out the van onto the lawn without hard surfaces. Magic.
It all sounds so crazy I think they just won't admit it's a Lemmon.

Mick

Quote from: johnboy on May 16, 2019, 01:00:58 PM
Hi I have a big issue with the company who import who are telling me that I have been running it over hard surfaces on the lowest height setting which will damage the chain casing , and is not a design fault
1 I have never used the lowest setting
2 how do you get a mower out the van onto the lawn without hard surfaces. Magic.
It all sounds so crazy I think they just won't admit it's a Lemmon.

I feel your frustration.

For them to tell you it's caused by running on hard surfaces on the lowest setting is complete bull. The chain cover shouldn't be anywhere near the surface.  If it is / was then that would be a design fault anyway.  I can understand this could be a problem if running along the edge of a concrete path etc, but not on a flat surface.
My websites
Guitarist Guild

johnboy

Hi next update
Collected the mower from repair and the chain case has been replaced with a reinforced one that has a steel plate under it for protection and even with the steel plate fitted it does not rub on the ground (but it's still not a design flaw)when in the lowest setting. How can these company's get away with this kind of thing ?

Mick

Good to hear you've got it back and hopefully working properly.

Does amaze me they'll tell you there's no issue with the machine and put it down to operator error.  Then they come out with modified parts to fix a problem they say doesn't exist. I can tell you, thy wouldn't spend any money doing this if there wasn't a problem.

They obviously think we're all idiots. lol..  ;)
My websites
Guitarist Guild

TGMF is a participant in the Amazon EU Associates Program. This affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to products on Amazon.