TGMForum

Recent Posts

Members
Stats
  • Total Posts: 1,966
  • Total Topics: 754
  • Online today: 33
  • Online ever: 275 (January 22, 2020, 07:39:54 PM)
Users Online
  • Users: 0
  • Guests: 30
  • Total: 30
  • Yandex
  • Google

Weibang 56 - Drive speed

Started by Andrewmpalmer2003, May 01, 2024, 10:39:19 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Andrewmpalmer2003

Hi

Please hear me out, I have a 2018 weibang 56, great machine, I love it...it should trundle along

I have a great engineer that does my work, and he's replaced tbe following and tbe drive works, but there no grest speed, it still feels like slow - med, in terms of gear settings in high gear..

We have replaced the following! Loads

Rear roller system
1 x roller
Roller rod
Bearings
Bushes
Dog gear in the middle
Small sprocket
Large sprocket
Drive shaft
Bushes
Chain tensioner
Chain
New blade!!!

Along from gear box left and right bearings (3) and thing they fix into.!

So lots of items as the rear roller system was pretty much mullered

Like I say it all works in terms of moves, but the speed is still vvv slow

Ps its had new belts as well

I'm absolutely puzzled and I love this machine, I do lot of large bits and ive like a lot of
Zzzzroom like when it was new! After all the new bits it's had

Any advice, I called weibang itself and I explained all the bits that had been replaced and said it has no non variables, the gear box works or it doesn't and as long as it's got new belts, chain,  drive cable

Could it be the gear selector cable?

Puzzled is an understatement.

Mick

Hi Andrew, and welcome to TGMF. 

Strange one this, you seem to have replaced most of the parts so all should be good.  The gearbox on these don't slip as already mentioned, they are either in or out of drive, so this has to be a different issue.

I'm not sure if this is possible or even if it would make a difference (I've not done this), but wondering if perhaps the belt tension double pulley has been fitted upside down which could possibly change the speed ratio. As you mentioned it has new belts this might be worth checking. 
My websites
TGMForum Youtube Channel Please subscribe https://www.youtube.com/@TGMForum
Guitarist Guild

Andrewmpalmer2003

Hmmm, I doubt it, but worth a check. My engineer seems to think it's just the age, but when I spoke to weibang they said no with all these parts, it's should be running like new

Mick

Is the machine getting all the gears, I mean can you select them all and notice a difference?
My websites
TGMForum Youtube Channel Please subscribe https://www.youtube.com/@TGMForum
Guitarist Guild

TGMF is a participant in the Amazon EU Associates Program. This affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to products on Amazon.