• Online Today: 11
  • Online Ever: 195
  • (October 28, 2018, 01:08:30 PM)
Users Online
Users: 0
Guests: 3
Total: 3
VigLink badge

Weibang 48VTop TipsShow us the gardening dea...Stihl Blowers eating diap...Have you gone cordless / ...Black Friday DealsSTIHL recalls STIHL MSA 1...STIHL HT-KM Pole prunerVariable speed verses fix...Hs81 won't rev up once wa...STIHL MS200T vs 201TDoes anyone know where I ...UPDATE: Christchurch gard...Make your first cut countA to Z of herbs: G is for...Grow your own rhubarb

Author Topic: Buddleia Pruning?  (Read 2133 times)

Offline Mick

• Administrator
    • View Profile
    • Guitarist Guild
Buddleia Pruning?
« on: April 16, 2017, 06:39:49 PM »
I have three fairly big Buddleia bushes in our garden, and need to cut them back, they are getting out of hand.  How hard can I cut them back, and what's the best time to do this?

I'd be grateful for any advice.

Offline alfonso_frisk

• View Profile
Re: Buddleia Pruning?
« Reply #1 on: April 19, 2017, 09:24:48 PM »
I cut my down to the bones each autumn. I mean really down short and they come back each year without issue.
Im no expert but it has worked for me here up on the NE coast.

Offline paulmowers

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: April 24, 2017, 09:33:48 PM »
Yeah, I'd agree with alfonso, have always been told budleia need pruning hard to promote flowering the next year.
Pruning as with all deciduous trees and shrubs ought to be done while they are dormant, so Autumn / winter.

Again no expert, but this has always worked for me.

cheers Paul

Offline sneax

• buy sneakers online? Nike, Puma, Adidas, etc
    • View Profile
    • http://sneakerstudio.co.uk
« Reply #3 on: January 28, 2018, 07:23:35 PM »
Yeah, I'd agree with alfonso, have always been told budleia need pruning hard to promote flowering the next year.
Pruning as with all deciduous trees and shrubs ought to be done while they are dormant, so Autumn / winter.

Again no expert, but this has always worked for me.

cheers Paul

I also do the same, although it wasn't ALWAYS working for me, it's been ups and downs but then I'm a rather sloppy gardener....