TGMForum
Visit: B&Q For your DIY and Garden Products.

Recent Posts

Members
Stats
  • Total Posts: 1,854
  • Total Topics: 729
  • Online today: 54
  • Online ever: 275 (January 22, 2020, 07:39:54 PM)
Users Online
  • Users: 0
  • Guests: 57
  • Total: 57
  • Google (3)

Have you gone cordless / battery powered?

Started by Mick, March 23, 2017, 09:20:16 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Harvz

I think that battery powered rather than petrol powered might be the future for those tools that are used less often, such as pole pruners. I was tempted to buy a cordless strimmer, but ended up with petrol due to the concern about long term cost of batteries.
It will be interesting to see what happens over the next few years though, as cars move away from petrol and diesel more and more.

anglefire

I've bought a battery mower this year - though its not been used that much as the weather stopped the grass growing too much (Yeah!)

Went for a small Greenworks one - so low end, cheap job.

But it does do the job nicely. Came with 2 batteries and I can just about do the front and back if its not too long on one battery - but can just need the second one to finish the front if its a bit longer.

The only real criticism is that the handle is a bit low - not much probably 2" or so. Other than that, its ok.

Mick

Mark thanks for that info, sure others will find it useful. Greenworks seem like pretty good value to be fair.

I also have a tiny little Wolf cordless mower, it's one of the very first ones they made doesn't run as long on a charge as the new ones.  But I must say, I just find the battery power so convenient, no faffing about with petrol or electric cables.  Just so light and easy to use. 
My websites
TGMForum Youtube Channel Please subscribe https://www.youtube.com/@TGMForum
Guitarist Guild

TGMF is a participant in the Amazon EU Associates Program. This affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to products on Amazon.