TGMForum

Recent Posts

Members
Stats
  • Total Posts: 1,854
  • Total Topics: 729
  • Online today: 58
  • Online ever: 275 (January 22, 2020, 07:39:54 PM)
Users Online
  • Users: 0
  • Guests: 73
  • Total: 73
  • Yandex

Question time with the UK’s most famous logger!

Started by Feed Bot, August 11, 2018, 06:36:52 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Feed Bot

Question time with the UK's most famous logger!

The post Question time with the UK's most famous logger! appeared first on Aspen Fuels.

We've known Andy for a long time through shows and events, when the opportunity came up to spend a working day with him, we jumped at the chance to see what he gets up to.

Andy's wealth of knowledge and passion for what he does is clear from the moment you step into the forest with him. Not only does Andy work as a forester and chainsaw trainer but he is also the chairman of the UK Loggers and has attended four World Logging Championships. A highlight in competition taking 3rd place in the felling event in 2013 against Europe's best competitors.

We put the spotlight on;

Name & Age

Andy Campbell, 44 years.

Fun fact about yourself:

I have felled trees on 5 of the world's 7 continents.

Favourite chainsaw?

Husqvarna 572XP.

When did you get into forestry and why?

From childhood the forest has always been my favourite place to be so working there was always going to be a natural progression.

How long have you been running chainsaw training courses?

13 years.

What do you like most about work?

There's not really enough time to say what I like most about my work as a forester and trainer! As a forester I enjoy seeing how the woodlands I manage, develop and change over the seasons also ensuring that the timber produced is not wasted and goes to good use. As a trainer I enjoy helping people become safe and confident chainsaw operators.

When did you first hear about Aspen fuel?

I was introduced to Aspen in 2005 when I won a bottle at a logging competition.

What is your favourite thing about Aspen fuel?

One of my favourite aspects of work is the exercise and fresh air. Aspen means I get to experience these things without the pollution and detrimental health issues from using regular pump fuel in my chainsaws. It also frees up more time to enjoy the woodlands by reducing the maintenance requirements of my chainsaw compared to using pump fuel.

Watch the short film we made with Andy

Find out about training with Andy at UK Chainsaw Training

Find out about competing with the UK loggers

The post Question time with the UK's most famous logger! appeared first on Aspen Fuels.

Source: Question time with the UK's most famous logger!

TGMF is a participant in the Amazon EU Associates Program. This affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to products on Amazon.