• Online Today: 5
  • Online Ever: 29
  • (March 23, 2017, 09:14:43 PM)
Users Online
Users: 0
Guests: 2
Total: 2
VigLink badge

HAIX Work BootsBlack Friday DealsBriggs & Stratton Carbure...New Hayter Harrier 41 375...Best petrol mower <£600Moss Killer?Why Honda Why?Two Stroke OilWeibang Lawnmowers.Mulch it or Collect it?Have you gone cordless / ...Mower TrendsAutomatic Choke SystemsHonda HRX 476Recall of HSA 56 Cordless...STIHL recall for HSA 65 a...

Author Topic: Weibang Lawnmowers.  (Read 798 times)

Offline Mick

• Administrator
    • View Profile
    • Guitarist Guild
Weibang Lawnmowers.
« on: July 14, 2017, 08:28:40 PM »
Anyone had much to do with Weibang Lawnmowers?

Only worked on a couple of these so far.  Methinks I need a stronger bench if I'm going to repair these things, heavy or what.  :o

Offline Mick

• Administrator
    • View Profile
    • Guitarist Guild
Re: Weibang Lawnmowers.
« Reply #1 on: July 18, 2017, 06:29:23 AM »
Got to fit a replacement gearbox to one of these today, that's if the gearbox actually arrives.  Not looking forward to that job if I'm honest. Input pulley and shaft is completely worn out, after a year.

Offline Marks Mowers

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: August 02, 2017, 01:11:51 PM »
Is that on the legacy pro 56?

I have a contractor sick of replacing Honda gearboxes and is thinking of going to one of these.

Offline Mick

• Administrator
    • View Profile
    • Guitarist Guild
« Reply #3 on: August 02, 2017, 04:52:11 PM »

I have a contractor sick of replacing Honda gearboxes and is thinking of going to one of these.

I believe it was.  Think they've had a few gearbox issues on the Weibang machines.  One thing is that it's a three speed gearbox, belt driven from bottom of engine with two belts and intermediate pulley.  People do like to fiddle with the cable adjustments when they clearly shouldn't on these machines.

Funny thing was, we had this one in for a gearbox problem, and another one turned up which wouldn't start.

Checked to see if it was getting fuel, undone bowl nut, and nothing came out.  Took the bowl off and touched the float, and fuel started flowing normally.  Put the bowl back on and it's been fine since.

When I went to test the other machine before changing the gearbox, that one wouldn't start either, it had exactly the same problem as the other one, a  stuck needle again.  Kawasaki not one of my favourites tbh.

Offline Marks Mowers

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: August 05, 2017, 10:42:37 AM »
Thank's Mick, I'll pass that on.

These sorts of brands make me nervous anyway, Sanli and Marina came to mind when I first saw the Weibangs, which isn't a good thing.

Offline Mick

• Administrator
    • View Profile
    • Guitarist Guild
« Reply #5 on: August 06, 2017, 04:45:09 PM »
Thank's Mick, I'll pass that on.

These sorts of brands make me nervous anyway, Sanli and Marina came to mind when I first saw the Weibangs, which isn't a good thing.

I've seen and worked on Sanli. but not seen a Marina to be fair.  Sanli is something not on my favourites list. Fuel pipes, breather pipes, and slipping starter brakes, that's just the engine, don't get me started on the mower.  :o

Offline Marks Mowers

• View Profile
« Reply #6 on: August 09, 2017, 07:11:40 PM »
Haha, sounds like you see a fair few different mowers. I've only seen a handful of sanlis, and one marina.
Where are you based Mick?

Offline Mick

• Administrator
    • View Profile
    • Guitarist Guild
« Reply #7 on: August 09, 2017, 07:39:50 PM »
Haha, sounds like you see a fair few different mowers. I've only seen a handful of sanlis, and one marina.
Where are you based Mick?

Several hundred per year, I don't really keep count lol..  I'm based in Essex

Offline Mick

• Administrator
    • View Profile
    • Guitarist Guild
« Reply #8 on: August 15, 2017, 10:56:58 PM »

This might make your customer think twice.  Had this Weibang 56 in the workshop today, lost drive. 

The rear roller looked like it had a bent shaft, but on further inspection the shaft had actually snapped in two.  Not surprising given they have drilled holes right through the middle of it, three of them to be precise, to locate the ratchet mechanism.  It was only a matter of time IMO.  ???

Welcome to TGM Forum. why not jump straight in and post.