• Online Today: 2
  • Online Ever: 29
  • (March 23, 2017, 09:14:43 PM)
Users Online
Users: 0
Guests: 1
Total: 1
VigLink badge

HAIX Work BootsBlack Friday DealsBriggs & Stratton Carbure...New Hayter Harrier 41 375...Best petrol mower <£600Moss Killer?Why Honda Why?Two Stroke OilWeibang Lawnmowers.Mulch it or Collect it?Have you gone cordless / ...Mower TrendsAutomatic Choke SystemsHonda HRX 476Recall of HSA 56 Cordless...STIHL recall for HSA 65 a...

Author Topic: Moss Killer?  (Read 912 times)

Offline Mick

• Administrator
    • View Profile
    • Guitarist Guild
Moss Killer?
« on: March 19, 2017, 12:43:13 PM »
Need to scarify my lawn soon, covered in moss, especially in the shaded areas.  Anyone know what moss killer is reasonably cost effective and easy to apply?  I have no idea what to get.

If I understand correctly the moss should be killed off before scarifying, so's not to spread the moss further.  Any help / tips would be appreciated.

Offline alfonso_frisk

• View Profile
Re: Moss Killer?
« Reply #1 on: April 19, 2017, 09:17:55 PM »
I got one of the powder/granule type from B&Q last year and it worked fine. (will get name of it in morn when light)
See results an hour or so after applying. Killed off 99% on my small front lawn then a good raking a week later produced lots of the stuff to burn or dump. Dont put it in compost area or compost bin

Offline Mick

• Administrator
    • View Profile
    • Guitarist Guild
« Reply #2 on: April 19, 2017, 09:52:22 PM »
Thanks Alf, the name of the stuff would be handy, and I'll see if they have it at the garden center, assuming it wasn't a B&Q own brand of course.

I should have treated the lawn a while back, but as always other things get in the way.  ;)

Offline alfonso_frisk

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: April 20, 2017, 07:25:19 AM »
Its called Evergreen Mosskil. It also feeds the lawn.
Apply when soil most and grass dry and scarify in 2 weeks.
I remember when I used it first time the whole lawn looked blackened and dead but t was just the moss dying off and drying out.
IIRC I think I lightly watered the lawn night before use and again next evening.

Offline Witham

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: August 26, 2017, 07:43:28 AM »
Its called Evergreen Mosskil. It also feeds the lawn.
Apply when soil most and grass dry and scarify in 2 weeks.
I remember when I used it first time the whole lawn looked blackened and dead but t was just the moss dying off and drying out.
IIRC I think I lightly watered the lawn night before use and again next evening.

I bet that was scary at first! I saw this stuff in B&Q recently. I think I'll give it a try.

Visit: amazon.com