TGMForum

Recent Posts

Members
Stats
  • Total Posts: 1,974
  • Total Topics: 755
  • Online today: 27
  • Online ever: 275 (January 22, 2020, 07:39:54 PM)
Users Online
  • Users: 0
  • Guests: 8
  • Total: 8
  • Google

Hyundai lawnmower ( any thoughts !!)

Started by Workingfrorbirkin, March 14, 2024, 04:20:16 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Workingfrorbirkin

Have a Hyundai Petrol mower in the workshop , customer brought in saying it would not start. ( it's only 2 years old).
So as usual, did the obvious, checked spark ☑️, checked fuel to carb ☑️, drained old fuel, put new fuel in tank ☑️. Tried to start , no joy . So off with carb, pretty clean , but still stripped  and cleaned , put back on mower still no joy in starting.. checked compression over 130 psi ☑️. Checked to see if flywheel key had moved or damaged but was okay ☑️. Still not starting, so decided to put a new carburettor on the machine, still won't start 🙈🙈. I checked the valve clearance and it was spot on , not adjustment needed. I resorted to some easy start , but no joy , it's not wanting to run, Ive run out of ideas , apart from putting it in the skip 😂😂😂, I even checked the air filter housing to see if it was warped and was causing a air leak , but again it's like new .
Anybody any thoughts.

Mick

Hi Workingfrorbirkin, and welcome to TGMF.

Don't you just hate it when this happens, it can make you crazy.  Sounds like you have checked just about everything possible, apart from throwing a new coil at it. 

Have you got the engine model or machine model numbers. Or perhaps some pics of the engine please.
My websites
TGMForum Youtube Channel Please subscribe https://www.youtube.com/@TGMForum
Guitarist Guild

TGMF is a participant in the Amazon EU Associates Program. This affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to products on Amazon.