TGMForum
millets

Recent Posts

Members
Stats
  • Total Posts: 1,923
  • Total Topics: 747
  • Online today: 11
  • Online ever: 275 (January 22, 2020, 07:39:54 PM)
Users Online
  • Users: 0
  • Guests: 17
  • Total: 17

if its not one thing its another and todays breakdown is my countax

Started by graeme70926, August 04, 2021, 11:01:32 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

graeme70926

Countax rideon c300h, has decided it is its turn for to frustrate me. When i turn the key the dash lights come on but nothing to the starter motor, it will hot wire directly to the starter and runs like a dream all day, just wont turn over on the key. There is a little block where the wires connect to next to the fuel tank, could it be this that has failed as ive just looked on ebay and over 500 of these have been sold so they obviouslty fail but are my symptoms pointing to this? BTW im crap with electrics.

Mick

Sorry for delay in answering.

I don't know if you have solved this already?  Assuming you've checked that you have power down from the small wire to activate the solenoid? Solenoids do fail on these. Also make sure parking brake switch is working correctly.   
My websites
TGMForum Youtube Channel Please subscribe https://www.youtube.com/@TGMForum
Guitarist Guild

graeme70926

Hi, Mick.
Ive not looked any further at it as electrics aint my thing and ive been at work last couple of days. I wouldnt know how to test if ive got power to the solenoid or not. All the cut off / cut out safety devices were removed by the previous owner years ago. For the sake of £15 i'll swap the solenoid and keep my fingers crossed.

graeme70926

Finally got round to replacing the solenoid today and were back to starting on the key. Its a fiddly little job to do but got there in the end.

Mick

Quote from: graeme70926 on September 03, 2021, 06:28:10 PMFinally got round to replacing the solenoid today and were back to starting on the key. Its a fiddly little job to do but got there in the end.

Yep, it's a bit awkward, I'm sure they could have made this easier, but then they never think of the people that have to repair this stuff. Glad you got it sorted though.  :tup:
My websites
TGMForum Youtube Channel Please subscribe https://www.youtube.com/@TGMForum
Guitarist Guild

TGMF is a participant in the Amazon EU Associates Program. This affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to products on Amazon.