TGMForum
halfords

Recent Posts

Members
Stats
  • Total Posts: 1,856
  • Total Topics: 730
  • Online today: 124
  • Online ever: 275 (January 22, 2020, 07:39:54 PM)
Users Online
  • Users: 0
  • Guests: 110
  • Total: 110

Oregon Gator Blades

Started by justinthyme, August 16, 2020, 11:02:02 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

justinthyme

Early in the season I bought a  Cobra MX484SPCE mower.

I wanted something  rather lighter than my 20 yr old Hayter Harrier and with an electric start. Something that would be easier to manoeuvre around trees and shrubs in the slightly longer grass yet still be capable of a fine cut on the lawn. Over all I've been exceedingly pleased with it. Being wheeled rather than rollered it doesn't give as good a stripe but when I want I can still get the old Hayter out. The mulching function has worked remarkably well until the rather lush growth after the recent warm and wet weather and a dose of summer fertiliser. It is still not a major problem but have been attracted by these Oregon Gator universal mulching blades that are available. (https://www.oregonproducts.com/en/professional-products/lawn-and-garden/mower-blades/gator-mulching-blades/c/g6-mulchingblade-p#).

Incidentally I do use the hose connection to clean out the underside.

Has anyone experience of these blades and which one might be best suited to my Cobra?

Many thanks

Mick

Hi justinthyme, and welcome to TGMF

Have to be honest and say I've not had any experience regarding these Oregon blades, though they look very similar in design to some of the Toro ones which they fit on their mulching mowers.  Toro are one of the biggest manufacturers of mulching mowers, so I can only surmise that if they use a design like that then it must be pretty good. 

I think the only problem you might have is getting the correct fitment for the Cobra MX484SPCE, but that said I'm not sure of the blade and boss arrangement on that machine.  That's something you'd have to check and make sure it'll fit the blade boss correctly.

My websites
TGMForum Youtube Channel Please subscribe https://www.youtube.com/@TGMForum
Guitarist Guild

TGMF is a participant in the Amazon EU Associates Program. This affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to products on Amazon.