TGMForum

Recent Posts

Members
Stats
  • Total Posts: 1,856
  • Total Topics: 730
  • Online today: 112
  • Online ever: 275 (January 22, 2020, 07:39:54 PM)
Users Online
  • Users: 0
  • Guests: 121
  • Total: 121

Husky cth224t ride on mower

Started by graeme70926, July 21, 2021, 04:21:23 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

graeme70926

My Husky cth224t mower was parked up for 6 months because the drive belt slipped off and didnt have the time or inclination to do it so used the ever faithful bullet proof mountfield 1436. Anyhow, now ive replaced the drive belt and it works fine but when i pull the switch for the cutters to engage the engine slows and nearly stalls. Its like its put under huge strain, like something is stuck under the deck rather than an electrical fault but when i put my hand under the deck and spin the blades they are free and turn easily. Any ideas?

graeme70926

just been for another look now ive cooled down a bit, I took the belt off the clutch pulley to eliminate the deck and the engine stalls when you turn the clutch on, it just dies like its been turned off. Frustrating!!!!!!

so it turns out its not the deck but a electrical fault somewhere,

Mick

Hi Graeme and welcome to TGMF.

What happens with some machines when belt comes off or shreds and comes off, the belt or part of it can get itself jammed in the electric clutch making it force the brake on, or lust generally jamming it up.  That would be where I would look first.
My websites
TGMForum Youtube Channel Please subscribe https://www.youtube.com/@TGMForum
Guitarist Guild

TGMF is a participant in the Amazon EU Associates Program. This affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to products on Amazon.