TGMForum
millets

Recent Posts

Members
Stats
  • Total Posts: 1,856
  • Total Topics: 730
  • Online today: 124
  • Online ever: 275 (January 22, 2020, 07:39:54 PM)
Users Online
  • Users: 0
  • Guests: 22
  • Total: 22
  • Google

Buddleia Pruning?

Started by Mick, April 16, 2017, 06:39:49 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Mick

I have three fairly big Buddleia bushes in our garden, and need to cut them back, they are getting out of hand.  How hard can I cut them back, and what's the best time to do this?

I'd be grateful for any advice.
My websites
TGMForum Youtube Channel Please subscribe https://www.youtube.com/@TGMForum
Guitarist Guild

alfonso_frisk

I cut my down to the bones each autumn. I mean really down short and they come back each year without issue.
Im no expert but it has worked for me here up on the NE coast.

paulmowers

Yeah, I'd agree with alfonso, have always been told budleia need pruning hard to promote flowering the next year.
Pruning as with all deciduous trees and shrubs ought to be done while they are dormant, so Autumn / winter.

Again no expert, but this has always worked for me.

cheers Paul

sneax

Quote from: paulmowers on April 24, 2017, 09:33:48 PM
Yeah, I'd agree with alfonso, have always been told budleia need pruning hard to promote flowering the next year.
Pruning as with all deciduous trees and shrubs ought to be done while they are dormant, so Autumn / winter.

Again no expert, but this has always worked for me.

cheers Paul

I also do the same, although it wasn't ALWAYS working for me, it's been ups and downs but then I'm a rather sloppy gardener....

TGMF is a participant in the Amazon EU Associates Program. This affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to products on Amazon.