TGMForum

Recent Posts

Members
Stats
  • Total Posts: 1,909
  • Total Topics: 745
  • Online today: 39
  • Online ever: 275 (January 22, 2020, 07:39:54 PM)
Users Online
  • Users: 1
  • Guests: 24
  • Total: 25
  • Sonnym

Honda GX25 will not start

Started by Rekusu, June 02, 2021, 07:40:37 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Rekusu

What  ho one and all,

I have a small Honda rotavator (FG110) but it is essentially the same motor that many Honda garden equipment has, a GX25 engine.

Problem does not appear to be unique in that it will not start.

What I have done to date;  New fuel, carb renewal kit (still did not work); thoroughly cleaned the carb; replacement carb; new spark plug; new ignition coil thing; checked the exhaust; checked the timing; new in-tank fuel filter; checked the flywheel key (on this engine, that is part of the flywheel and not exchangeable); checked the spark plug / ignition coil and valve gaps and all OK.  Everything looks just hunky-dory.

Now although it sometimes 'tries' to start, basically, there is nothing but some kick-back on the cord.

I have no idea what to do next as there seems to be little left to do.

Really grateful for any ideas, theories or useful suggestions (throw it away is not useful!)

Thanks and toodle pip.

Mick

Hi, and welcome to TGMF.

I was going to suggest checking the valves for sticking, but as you already checked the valve gaps then I guess you would have seen any problems with them at that point. 

I'm tempted to say it's a coil problem, but it's difficult to say under these circumstances. I know you said you checked the spark plug, but have you tried a new one to make sure?
My websites
TGMForum Youtube Channel Please subscribe https://www.youtube.com/@TGMForum
Guitarist Guild

TGMF is a participant in the Amazon EU Associates Program. This affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to products on Amazon.