TGMForum
justlawnmowers

Recent Posts

Members
Stats
  • Total Posts: 1,939
  • Total Topics: 750
  • Online today: 29
  • Online ever: 275 (January 22, 2020, 07:39:54 PM)
Users Online
  • Users: 0
  • Guests: 25
  • Total: 25

Where did all the customers go?

Started by Mick, December 23, 2023, 12:03:38 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Mick

For the last few weeks I've noticed a sudden decline in repair work, this is the first time in over twenty six years I've seen it so quiet. even the phones are not ringing like they usually do. 

Maybe it's just the ESSEX area affected, but it's a very strange feeling.  Usually it goes dead at the beginning of the summer holidays and then starts to pick up towards the end, and then winter servicing starts, this year it's just stopped like someone flicked a switch. It's quite worrying to be honest.

How's everyone else doing? 
My websites
TGMForum Youtube Channel Please subscribe https://www.youtube.com/@TGMForum
Guitarist Guild

GardenKit

Hi Mick, hope you had a good Christmas.
I have noticed that winter service work has been a bit slower this year. There has been enough to keep us busy but not frantic which is actually quite relaxing.
Its down to the mid and wet autumn where the grass has not stopped growing and folk have been reluctant to send their kit in for service. Its going to come pouring in straight after the New Year, so dont worry, it always evens out.

Mick

Quote from: GardenKit on December 29, 2023, 10:56:33 AMIts down to the mid and wet autumn where the grass has not stopped growing and folk have been reluctant to send their kit in for service. Its going to come pouring in straight after the New Year, so dont worry, it always evens out.

Hi Barrie.  I wish I had your confidence.  I would normally say the same that it evens out etc, but for us something is really different this year for some reason. Maybe I'm getting paranoid in my old age. lol..

Wishing you a great 2024 though.  :tup:

My websites
Guitarist Guild

dhansen

Two dealers I use and know well both said the same.  Both have shortened their shop hours.  One even started being closed Saturdays until things pick up.   

Mick

Hi, and welcome to TGMF.  8)

So it's not just here in the UK then, you're in the US aren't you?

Things are now very slowly picking up, but it's been the worst 4+ months I've seen so far.
My websites
Guitarist Guild

dhansen

Hello Mick, Thank you for the welcome.  Yes, I am in Minnesota. 

Gregs mowing

Hectic here in Surrey at MPS Garden Machinery. 5/6 week wait to get onto the bench. Dozens of ride ons pre booked for service.
Phones little quieter than a week or two ago but once it dries up a little and people get their mowers out and panic because it won't work the phones will explode again.

Maybe in some areas of the country people either have more gardeners and the casual car boot beer money gardener and some use cheap mowers from bnq then replace every other year.

TGMF is a participant in the Amazon EU Associates Program. This affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to products on Amazon.