TGMForum
Welcome to TGM Forum. Registration is easy and free, why not jump straight in and post.

Recent Posts

Members
Stats
  • Total Posts: 1,854
  • Total Topics: 729
  • Online today: 80
  • Online ever: 275 (January 22, 2020, 07:39:54 PM)
Users Online
  • Users: 0
  • Guests: 57
  • Total: 57
  • Google (AdSense)
  • Google

Ariens Razor

Started by Mick, June 25, 2019, 09:42:15 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Mick

Always thought the Ariens Razor mowers were pretty good value at first glance.  Now with some of them constantly losing drive because the belt jumping off the front pulley, and one I repaired today which had one rear wheel with the gear slipping.  The more I look the more I ask myself, why.

Why do they make the front part of the belt cover like that, it's the main cause of the belt being pushed up above the crank pulley.  It should be shaped so it's parallel to the pulley, and not angled further away as it goes up.  Whenever the belt comes off you'll always find it sitting on the crank above the pulley.

Pinion in the rear wheels, they hardly mesh with the gear on the wheel, this one was slipping and only a small amount of wear on the pinion itself.  Then I got hold of the shaft and the gearbox shaft complete with pinion moved up and down quite a lot, hence why it was slipping.  Why the hell don't they use a proper bearing here, instead of a casting, or at the very least provide a way to lubricate it.   I'm not so impressed if I'm honest.

Here's a pic of the bearing

This is the pinion

And to top it off, the bushing which is also steel had seized onto the spindle, and came out with it.

My websites
TGMForum Youtube Channel Please subscribe https://www.youtube.com/@TGMForum
Guitarist Guild

Mick

Seems there is now a updated front pully for this machine now, it's supposed to stop the problem with the belt coming off.   If I understand it's slightly deeper and has a minor adjustment in level.

I'll update this post later with the part number.  ;)
My websites
TGMForum Youtube Channel Please subscribe https://www.youtube.com/@TGMForum
Guitarist Guild

TGMF is a participant in the Amazon EU Associates Program. This affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to products on Amazon.