TGMForum

Recent Posts

Members
Stats
  • Total Posts: 1,980
  • Total Topics: 757
  • Online today: 50
  • Online ever: 275 (January 22, 2020, 07:39:54 PM)
Users Online
  • Users: 0
  • Guests: 30
  • Total: 30
  • Google (2)

Hayter 56 Instart Battery.

Started by MatthewAtCumnor, April 20, 2021, 04:45:54 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

MatthewAtCumnor

I've had my Hayter-56 with Instart for 3 years (lightly used). Today the battery status shows one flashing light (i.e. discharged) and it just about turns the engine over.
When I put it on the charger, the charger lights begin red but switch to green after 2 mins, though unsurprisingly, the battery is still discharged.
Can anyone say (without guessing) if the battery or the charger is at fault? Without a good answer my next step will be to take both to dealer and see if he'll try each in turn with a known good unit.
And yes, I agree with other posts - the lack a recoil backup was a bad decision.

Mick

Sorry for late reply.  This is a difficult one to answer with any certainty, due to both the battery and the charger having their own electronic components built in it could be either one fooling the other. 

Your suggestion of getting the dealer to check the battery on a known good charger would probably be a good idea in this case.. 
My websites
TGMForum Youtube Channel Please subscribe https://www.youtube.com/@TGMForum
Guitarist Guild

TGMF is a participant in the Amazon EU Associates Program. This affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to products on Amazon.