TGMForum
halfords

Recent Posts

Members
Stats
  • Total Posts: 1,856
  • Total Topics: 730
  • Online today: 124
  • Online ever: 275 (January 22, 2020, 07:39:54 PM)
Users Online
  • Users: 0
  • Guests: 48
  • Total: 48

Kawasaki Engine Numbers

Started by Kevin, March 24, 2021, 07:33:28 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Kevin

Hi all,

I have a 2012 John Deere R54PKB mower fitted with a Kawasaki engine which I believe to be the FJ151 series of engines but the engine label is missing. Does anyone know if there is a an alternative label elsewhere?

Cheers

Kevin

Mick

Hi Kev.  I don't work on Kawasaki stuff that much, but would be very surprised if the engine model and serial number isn't etched or stamped on to the engine crankcase as well. 
My websites
TGMForum Youtube Channel Please subscribe https://www.youtube.com/@TGMForum
Guitarist Guild

Kevin

Hi Mick,

I looked everywhere for an engine number. I even took the exhaust off to look behind it. The only thing I did not do is remove the engine from the mower!!

However I was able to identify the engine model by looking up the mower model number on the John Deere parts website. I cross references to a Kawasaki type FJ180V. According to the Kawasaki website the actual engine number is usually on a label that is stuck to the side of the plastic panel that incorporates the fuel tank.

Kevin

TGMF is a participant in the Amazon EU Associates Program. This affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to products on Amazon.