TGMForum

Recent Posts

Members
Stats
  • Total Posts: 1,854
  • Total Topics: 729
  • Online today: 80
  • Online ever: 275 (January 22, 2020, 07:39:54 PM)
Users Online
  • Users: 0
  • Guests: 58
  • Total: 58
  • Yandex
  • Google (AdSense)
  • Google

Does anyone know where I can get a set of Robin hedge trimmer blades..

Started by Robster, September 11, 2018, 07:49:27 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Robster

Hi there folks. I've a petrol Robin pole trimmer BP2501H. thought I'd greased all the nipples but alas I'd missed one and blades goosed  >:(. Great trimmer and seldom used so sick if I've to bin it. Any ideas ? Ta.

Mick

Hi Robster, sorry for late reply.

I'm not familiar with that model myself, but  where are you based?
My websites
TGMForum Youtube Channel Please subscribe https://www.youtube.com/@TGMForum
Guitarist Guild

Robster

Hi Mick. I'm up in Aberdeen. They 'were' a fairly common a while back and think Makita bought them up. Wish I'd just remembered to grease :-(

Mick

Quote from: Robster on September 12, 2018, 05:38:30 PM
Hi Mick. I'm up in Aberdeen. They 'were' a fairly common a while back and think Makita bought them up. Wish I'd just remembered to grease :-(

This is the trouble with certain brands, you never really know who actually makes certain components, and hedge cutters are one of the worst for this.  A lot of them use a generic H/C unit and bolt on whatever engine they want then brand as their own. So unless you take a punt on ebay or one of the patten parts suppliers, your best bet is to contact your nearest dealer and see if they can at least give you price and availability, better still if they will give you the part number for them.
My websites
TGMForum Youtube Channel Please subscribe https://www.youtube.com/@TGMForum
Guitarist Guild

Robster

TGMF is a participant in the Amazon EU Associates Program. This affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to products on Amazon.