TGMForum

Recent Posts

Members
Stats
  • Total Posts: 1,942
  • Total Topics: 752
  • Online today: 39
  • Online ever: 275 (January 22, 2020, 07:39:54 PM)
Users Online
  • Users: 0
  • Guests: 34
  • Total: 34
  • Yandex

New mower semi pro

Started by Steven1210, April 22, 2024, 07:25:43 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Steven1210

Hi there people.

I do tree work, but get a lot of call for lawns, hedges etc.

Have all the hedge gear, but looking for a mower. I have a newish Mountfield sp42 for home use, and it serves me well.

So I guess my question is, what should I look at for semi pro use?

I would like.....

Petrol powered
Self propelled, possible variable?
18-20"
Decent deck
Decent engine
Folding bars
Not too fussed about mulching
Needs grass collection to be good.
Not too bothered about rear roller.

Up to £1000

What would you guys reccomend?

Kind regards
Steven

Mick

Hi Steven, and welcome to TGMF.

I have to say I'm more into repairs than I am into sales so not my best field, I was rather hoping someone would jump in and answer this.  But you could try one of the Weibang Virtue range, I think they are pretty well built for the money.

A couple of things to consider.  You can probably get two or three domestic machines for the cost of a pro machine. Some machines don't like having handles constantly folded it can damage cables and cause various issues, so if you can get away without having to fold them it would be better.

And once you introduce variable speed you are adding more components to go wrong, especially if it's done via belts which most are these days.
My websites
TGMForum Youtube Channel Please subscribe https://www.youtube.com/@TGMForum
Guitarist Guild

Steven1210

Hi Mick

Funny you say that, as was looking at this

Weibang Virtue 50 SVP Variable Speed Pro Lawnmower 4 in 1

All my tree kit is husqvarna, as well as kombi system (strimmer, brushcutter, hedge cutter, pole pruner) but I'm just not taken by any of their models.

Was also looking at izy honda, but they look like a honda machine targeted at homeowners.

Steve

Mick

Quote from: Steven1210 on April 25, 2024, 06:11:10 AMHi Mick

Funny you say that, as was looking at this

Weibang Virtue 50 SVP Variable Speed Pro Lawnmower 4 in 1

All my tree kit is husqvarna, as well as kombi system (strimmer, brushcutter, hedge cutter, pole pruner) but I'm just not taken by any of their models.

Was also looking at izy honda, but they look like a honda machine targeted at homeowners.

Steve

Steve, the Honda IZY 16" and 18" machines are pretty good to be honest, we have several people who use them commercially and love them.  The IZY 21" is a different machine altogether though, I always found the deck flimsy, and the separate height adjusters are rubbish.
My websites
TGMForum Youtube Channel Please subscribe https://www.youtube.com/@TGMForum
Guitarist Guild

TGMF is a participant in the Amazon EU Associates Program. This affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to products on Amazon.