TGMForum
gardenbuildingsdirect

Recent Posts

Members
Stats
  • Total Posts: 1,982
  • Total Topics: 758
  • Online today: 64
  • Online ever: 275 (January 22, 2020, 07:39:54 PM)
Users Online
  • Users: 1
  • Guests: 29
  • Total: 30
  • Mick
  • Google (AdSense) (2)
  • Google

Webb mower help please

Started by Frantic fox, May 06, 2024, 07:31:16 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Mick

Have you checked and cleaned the points behind the flywheel? They can very often lose their spark when not used for long periods.
My websites
TGMForum Youtube Channel Please subscribe https://www.youtube.com/@TGMForum
Guitarist Guild

Frantic fox

Does that mean I need to remove the flywheel? Because I've no idea how to do that,
Is it threaded or pull off? As I really don't fancy breaking it lol not after all the work I've put in already.
Cheers

Andy

Mick

Andy, yes you have to remove the flywheel. Do you have a hammer?

Although it has a key the flywheel sits on a taper.  If you unscrew the starter clutch again, and remove the domed washer.  Then looking at the flywheel face on, if you turn the flywheel so it's set like this image.

bansfw.png

You'll see the key and keyway is away from the arrow in the pic.  Where the arrow is pointing give it a sharp blow with said hammer while holding the flywheel with your left hand. It should come off without issue.
My websites
TGMForum Youtube Channel Please subscribe https://www.youtube.com/@TGMForum
Guitarist Guild

Frantic fox

Mick I'm looking forward to giving it a good smack tomorrow lol, it is frustrating, but I'm learning as I go,
The smaller lawnmower engines like a Mountfield are so easy to repair, but this is way past my skill set, with help from you like this put my mind at ease.

Once it's off I will give it a clean and see what happens. Didn't want to give in to easy yet.

Cheers

Andy

TGMF is a participant in the Amazon EU Associates Program. This affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to products on Amazon.