TGMForum

Recent Posts

Members
Stats
  • Total Posts: 1,856
  • Total Topics: 730
  • Online today: 124
  • Online ever: 275 (January 22, 2020, 07:39:54 PM)
Users Online
  • Users: 1
  • Guests: 24
  • Total: 25
  • Mick

Moss Killer?

Started by Mick, March 19, 2017, 12:43:13 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Mick

Need to scarify my lawn soon, covered in moss, especially in the shaded areas.  Anyone know what moss killer is reasonably cost effective and easy to apply?  I have no idea what to get.

If I understand correctly the moss should be killed off before scarifying, so's not to spread the moss further.  Any help / tips would be appreciated.
My websites
TGMForum Youtube Channel Please subscribe https://www.youtube.com/@TGMForum
Guitarist Guild

alfonso_frisk

I got one of the powder/granule type from B&Q last year and it worked fine. (will get name of it in morn when light)
See results an hour or so after applying. Killed off 99% on my small front lawn then a good raking a week later produced lots of the stuff to burn or dump. Dont put it in compost area or compost bin

Mick

Thanks Alf, the name of the stuff would be handy, and I'll see if they have it at the garden center, assuming it wasn't a B&Q own brand of course.

I should have treated the lawn a while back, but as always other things get in the way.  ;)
My websites
TGMForum Youtube Channel Please subscribe https://www.youtube.com/@TGMForum
Guitarist Guild

alfonso_frisk

Its called Evergreen Mosskil. It also feeds the lawn.
Apply when soil most and grass dry and scarify in 2 weeks.
I remember when I used it first time the whole lawn looked blackened and dead but t was just the moss dying off and drying out.
IIRC I think I lightly watered the lawn night before use and again next evening.

Witham

Quote from: alfonso_frisk on April 20, 2017, 07:25:19 AM
Its called Evergreen Mosskil. It also feeds the lawn.
Apply when soil most and grass dry and scarify in 2 weeks.
I remember when I used it first time whole lawn looked blackened and dead but t was just the moss dying off and drying out.
IIRC I think I lightly watered the lawn night before use and again next evening.

I bet that was scary at first! I saw this stuff in B&Q recently. I think I'll give it a try.

TGMF is a participant in the Amazon EU Associates Program. This affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to products on Amazon.