TGMForum
halfords

Recent Posts

Members
Stats
  • Total Posts: 1,856
  • Total Topics: 730
  • Online today: 124
  • Online ever: 275 (January 22, 2020, 07:39:54 PM)
Users Online
  • Users: 1
  • Guests: 33
  • Total: 34
  • Mick
  • Google (AdSense) (2)
  • Google

Hardening tool steel for chainsaws

Started by tomrainier, December 14, 2017, 09:12:54 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

tomrainier

Hello everyone,

I was wondering if any of you guys has ever hardened tool steel? Hardened or case hardened, I'm pretty sure that's the same thing.

I want to avoid abrasion damage on my tools but unfortunately, it's quite common when it comes to saws. Even the ones I spend a load of money on. And it is almost always JUST the saw blade that breaks and wears. I've never had any problems with the engine. So I was wondering if case hardening could prevent that?

I have found some techniques that allegedly help with abrasion damage, like this one right here. But I'm not sure if you can case harden tool steel with this technique as well? Does anyone know?

Or does anyone know any other techniques to improve abrasion resistance?? I'm sick and tired of my chainsaws becoming dull and breaking off. I do have a business to run so any information would help, thanks!

TGMF is a participant in the Amazon EU Associates Program. This affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to products on Amazon.