TGMForum
justlawnmowers

Recent Posts

Members
Stats
  • Total Posts: 1,856
  • Total Topics: 730
  • Online today: 124
  • Online ever: 275 (January 22, 2020, 07:39:54 PM)
Users Online
  • Users: 0
  • Guests: 124
  • Total: 124

Hayter 56

Started by Chris850, January 15, 2022, 08:41:10 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Chris850

Hi Guys
I recently brought an old hayter 56. The seller said it was running fine nut hadn't been used for a while, when they gave it some fresh oil and petrol aswell as a new plug but think it has a carb issue. I started it there and it started straight away. Once home I gave it a good go, it starts well on the choke but as soon as you move it to the tortoise or hare it runs v fast with no change between the two. I ordered a second hand carb from ebay (in better condition then the original). But that made no difference. I have changed the governor springs aswell. Any Ideas what to try next. Thanks Chris

Mick

Sorry for late reply, I've beed away from the site for a while. You've probably got this solved by now.

If not. then a image of the throttle linkage attached to a reply might be helpful.

It can also be possible that the internal governor has failed.  Or if your lucky someone has either been fiddling and mess with the governor arm setting.
My websites
TGMForum Youtube Channel Please subscribe https://www.youtube.com/@TGMForum
Guitarist Guild

TGMF is a participant in the Amazon EU Associates Program. This affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to products on Amazon.