TGMForum

Recent Posts

Members
Stats
  • Total Posts: 1,856
  • Total Topics: 730
  • Online today: 124
  • Online ever: 275 (January 22, 2020, 07:39:54 PM)
Users Online
  • Users: 0
  • Guests: 25
  • Total: 25

Strimmer not starting?

Started by Danf82, June 28, 2021, 03:31:45 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Danf82

Hi all, I'm a newbie so please be kind :) I have a Parker brand strimmer that i bought last year and last week i noticed a crack in the fuel line so using Youtube as a guide a bought and fitted a new one but now i can't get the thing to start?!
 After a bit of reading i checked the filter and lines which are ok, then replaced the spark plug and checked for a spark and also when i push the primer bubble it definitely pulls fuel through and spits fuel back in to the tank through the other line and the bubble fills with fuel.
 So kind people what is this newbie doing or not doing? Thanks muchly  :)

Mick

Hi Dan, and welcome to TGMF.

Is this the first time you've tried to start it this year? Sounds to me like it's got some remains of stale fuel in the system.  Make sure you're using fresh fuel because pump fuel goes off quite quickly these days.

You could try removing the air filter and tipping half a teaspoon of fuel directly into the intake and see if it jumps into life. 
My websites
TGMForum Youtube Channel Please subscribe https://www.youtube.com/@TGMForum
Guitarist Guild

Danf82

Hi Mick thanks for the reply.
 I used it last week until i noticed the leak, all i have done so far is replace the fuel lines and spark plug so i thought at least they are ticked off. I have also put new fuel mix in to see if that was it. Am i now looking at maybe cleaning the carb or something? When you say put half a tea spoon of fuel in the intake is that different to putting the same in where the spark plug goes? Thankyou

Mick

Dribbling a little fuel in the intake is just easer than keep removing the plug that's all. 

Strange it was ok until changing the fuel hose though. It's either flooded, or not getting fuel. Give it another try tomorrow you never know it might fire up straight away.
My websites
TGMForum Youtube Channel Please subscribe https://www.youtube.com/@TGMForum
Guitarist Guild

TGMF is a participant in the Amazon EU Associates Program. This affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to products on Amazon.