TGMForum

Recent Posts

Members
Stats
  • Total Posts: 1,856
  • Total Topics: 730
  • Online today: 124
  • Online ever: 275 (January 22, 2020, 07:39:54 PM)
Users Online
  • Users: 1
  • Guests: 58
  • Total: 59
  • Mick
  • Google (AdSense)

Flymo XL500

Started by andyspan, February 09, 2020, 11:17:29 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

andyspan

Hi,
Just bought myself a Flymo XL500 and very pleased with it so far.
Only problem I have is that it's quite a heavy machine to carry between lawns.
There was a wheel kit available for this but I think Flymo have probably stopped production of the mower and subsequently the wheel kit is no longer listed?
I've tried a number of agents but none have come back yet with positive responses.

Don't suppose anyone would know where I could source one?
I know it's a very long shot! :)

Here's hoping and thanks

Andy

Mick

Hi andyspan, and welcome to TGMForum.

Haven't a clue where you'll find a wheel kit for one of those to be honest, unless a dealer has some old stock, or dead machines sitting around.  Have you searched https://www.ebay.co.uk Maybe one from an older model could be adapted to fit if you can find one. 

I'll keep my eyes peeled though.  ;)
My websites
TGMForum Youtube Channel Please subscribe https://www.youtube.com/@TGMForum
Guitarist Guild

andyspan

Hi Mick,
Thanks for the reply, the daft thing is, the mower is still available from multiple sources but the wheel kit isn't!
I thought about buying the Toro mower wheel kit but it isn't cheap and although it similar there are no guarantees it could be adapted.

May just have to struggle or get a wheeled trolley or similar.

Thanks again

GardenKit

Hi Andy
One of my suppliers is currently listing just one in stock @£98.33 plus vat. There would be some carriage charges dependant on where you are.
Interested?

andyspan

Hi,
Yes I would definitely be interested if they have one.
I live on the Isle of Wight so appreciate this can add a bit to carriage charges for some carriers, although my son lives near Southampton and can have things delivered there for collection if need be.

Thank you for the heads up, would you have their contact details?

Regards
Andy

Mick

Quote from: andyspan on February 09, 2020, 01:36:08 PM
Hi,
Yes I would definitely be interested if they have one.
I live on the Isle of Wight so appreciate this can add a bit to carriage charges for some carriers, although my son lives near Southampton and can have things delivered there for collection if need be.

Thank you for the heads up, would you have their contact details?

Regards
Andy

That was worth asking then wasn't it.  ;)

Andy, as GardenKit is actually a Garden Machinery dealer his supplier might not deal direct to the public.  it might be wise to take any transaction info to Private Message, this will be safer than discussing and adding any personal details in the public forums. 

Click the little message icon below GardenKit's name, (bottom row, last on right).  That will allow you to message Barrie directly.  Hopefully he's ok with this. ;) 

Let us know if you get sorted though.  :tup:

My websites
Guitarist Guild

andyspan

Thank you Mick,

I'll give it a go!

andyspan

Well,after much searching on the internet etc and Barrie's supplier not actually having the stock it was showing I have found one!
A dealer up in Selby actually had one that was new old stock and it's winging it's way to me in the next few days!
Thanks for helping in my challenge!

Andy

Mick

Andy.  That's a bit frustrating when suppliers don't keep their stock up to date.   Glad you didn't give up though, and found what you wanted.   :tup:
My websites
Guitarist Guild

TGMF is a participant in the Amazon EU Associates Program. This affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to products on Amazon.