TGMForum

Recent Posts

Members
Stats
  • Total Posts: 1,856
  • Total Topics: 730
  • Online today: 112
  • Online ever: 275 (January 22, 2020, 07:39:54 PM)
Users Online
  • Users: 0
  • Guests: 116
  • Total: 116

Shindaiwa DYB202 problems

Started by Humph, April 30, 2019, 03:01:50 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Humph

I have a brushcutter/strimmer and it has never worked properly. The problem is that there  are two pipes coming from the top of the carb and they both seem to suck whem the bulb is pressed so I connected one to the tank. The breather is mounted above the top of the carb, near the start cord goes to the bottom of the fuel tank. Where does the other pipe on the carb go to? wonderimg if it was to another breather as there is a threaded hole on the flywheel casing which might have held it.

Mick

Hi, and welcome to TGMF.  ;)

Not 100% familiar with that model, but I think you should have three pipes coming from the tank,

One is fuel supply to carb, that the long one that goes from the carb, and all the way inside the tank and has a fuel filter on the end.

Another short one that has the tank breather on the end outside of the tank, the other end pokes just inside the tank.

And another short pipe which goes from the carb to just inside the tank like the breather one, and returns fuel to the tank when you prime the carb via the primer button.

In short,
1: Fuel feed pipe.
2:Breather pipe.
3: Return pipe.

If you have any pictures of the carb etc, you can attach them to a reply here, that would be helpful.
My websites
TGMForum Youtube Channel Please subscribe https://www.youtube.com/@TGMForum
Guitarist Guild

Humph

It might be that the suction pipe grommet originally had two holes and was replaced. I will therefore try teeing into the return line with a windscreen washer part. Thanks for your help. I have a new breather ordered and will let you know how it goes.
H

Mick

Thing is you should have to tee in to another pipe to make this work.  Some have two pipes and a separate breather either routed separately on the tank, or even a breathable fuel cap. 

I'm curious as to what layout you have there.
My websites
TGMForum Youtube Channel Please subscribe https://www.youtube.com/@TGMForum
Guitarist Guild

TGMF is a participant in the Amazon EU Associates Program. This affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to products on Amazon.