TGMForum
halfords

Recent Posts

Members
Stats
  • Total Posts: 1,974
  • Total Topics: 755
  • Online today: 27
  • Online ever: 275 (January 22, 2020, 07:39:54 PM)
Users Online
  • Users: 0
  • Guests: 16
  • Total: 16

Honda HR21 SXM

Started by 40jack, November 05, 2021, 11:11:12 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

40jack

Hello folks, I recently acquired an old Honda HR21 SXM which I believe is circa 1978-1986. I am looking for a left hand rachet holder for the drive gear. I'm really struggling to find one for this early model, any ideas? Thank you.IMG_20211105_111309.jpgIMG_20211105_111322.jpg

40jack

Anybody with any advice on this forum please?

Mick

Sorry 40jack, I totally missed this post somehow.  

I believe you can use the right hand one in place of it by turning the ratchet pawls around the other way.  Or get a ratchet assembly from a later model such as a HR 194 they should be the same. 
My websites
TGMForum Youtube Channel Please subscribe https://www.youtube.com/@TGMForum
Guitarist Guild

40jack

Quote from: Mick on November 26, 2021, 08:37:23 AMSorry 40jack, I totally missed this post somehow. 

I believe you can use the right hand one in place of it by turning the ratchet pawls around the other way.  Or get a ratchet assembly from a later model such as a HR 194 they should be the same.

Hi Mick and thank you for your reply. I did order one from the later model of HR21 but it was bigger for some reason. Parts for this early model are rare I guess. I've got the right hand side so I do have drive to that side but nothing for the left hand side. Do you think its worth reaching out to honda?

Swissqp

Sorry 40Jack, I've been off the forum a long time. I think I do have a spare ratchet if you haven't been able to source one. However, as the guru (Mick) says all you need to do is remove the metal spring holder and then turn the two pawls the other way around.

My HR21 seems to eat the little metal spring holders.

TGMF is a participant in the Amazon EU Associates Program. This affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to products on Amazon.