TGMForum

Recent Posts

Members
Stats
  • Total Posts: 1,856
  • Total Topics: 730
  • Online today: 124
  • Online ever: 275 (January 22, 2020, 07:39:54 PM)
Users Online
  • Users: 0
  • Guests: 74
  • Total: 74

CHAIN COVERS

Started by Gregs mowing, January 12, 2020, 04:50:04 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Gregs mowing

So what mowers have the best chain covers? The stihl is plastic with a metal strip on the bottom edges. Weibang are metal with a thick bit of metal from the same spec of metal as the blade on the corner that gets worn more. Hayter are just plastic and I've seen from my local dealer they are replacing them like mad. NEW 56 pro had a hole big enough for a golf ball to get through and that's only a season, appalling. It should be made so after 2 years off use that's when you want to start thinking about replacing belts and chain covers.

Mick

They're all cutting costs where this is concerned.  The Weibang ones used to ware through as they were thin all over, looks like they might have listened at last and beefed it up where needed.  Hayter used to weld a small metal strip to their roller frames just under the chain covers, but no longer do this.  I guess they will sell a lot of covers like they have since the Harrier 480.  ;)
My websites
TGMForum Youtube Channel Please subscribe https://www.youtube.com/@TGMForum
Guitarist Guild

TGMF is a participant in the Amazon EU Associates Program. This affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to products on Amazon.