TGMForum
Visit: B&Q For your DIY and Garden Products.

Recent Posts

Members
Stats
  • Total Posts: 1,854
  • Total Topics: 729
  • Online today: 80
  • Online ever: 275 (January 22, 2020, 07:39:54 PM)
Users Online
  • Users: 0
  • Guests: 49
  • Total: 49
  • Google (AdSense)
  • Google

Contractor mowers

Started by mr vip, October 07, 2021, 07:33:43 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

steve potter

Mick I wanted to say I picked up the 56 PRO from Briants yesterday and was very pleased that they fitted approx £150 of new parts to the mower under warranty
Sure this would have cost in the region of £450 ish if I had to pay
As discussed they replaced the bbc clutch but also refurbished the rollers/bearings etc, new drive chain/cover and many other items
Really pleased with them to be honest as did not expect all of the other work to be done and all fee of charge
A guy there told me about Hayters testing programme for these mowers that was carried out in the US
It seems that the machine cut grass for a few months on an area grown with European grass seed and used once/twice per week when dry
When he asked the rep if the mower had been used on wet lawns as we experience in the UK his response was Hayter do not recommend cutting wet grass!
That says it all to me and if true explains a lot
If anyone here can recommend the best roller mower for the wet as I need to sort out for next year as I don't think the Stihl 655rs I had on demo is that much of an improvement over the Hayter to be honest as found it awkward to use with the reverse controls and the drive belt continually can off the drive pulley although there may be some adjustment but as not my machine did not feel confident to mess about with it
Steve

TGMF is a participant in the Amazon EU Associates Program. This affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to products on Amazon.