TGMForum

Recent Posts

Members
Stats
  • Total Posts: 1,912
  • Total Topics: 745
  • Online today: 55
  • Online ever: 275 (January 22, 2020, 07:39:54 PM)
Users Online
  • Users: 0
  • Guests: 41
  • Total: 41
  • Yandex
  • Google (AdSense)

Stiga villa 520

Started by mr vip, February 04, 2023, 07:26:50 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

mr vip

Hi all

Ive recently purchased a Stiga villa 520
Unfortunately today the height adjustment has failed and is stuck on the maximum height.
Any advice would be greatly appreciated
Thanks in advance

Mick

Hi and welcome to TGMF.

I'm not very familiar with the Stiga machines if I'm being honest.  But is the the electric height of cut which has stopped working, or has it got stuck with the whole deck and frame in transport position?

Make sure the decks electric cable is plugged into the machine correctly and has not been snagged or partially pulled out.
My websites
TGMForum Youtube Channel Please subscribe https://www.youtube.com/@TGMForum
Guitarist Guild

mr vip

Hi Mick
The machine has a kettle lead which runs from the deck to the main body.
It does come loose from time to time, I've checked this and
I've check all the obvious.
I've removed the front deck cover to check the other end of the lead which appears to be ok.
I did noticed when raising the height the deck wouldn't drop lower, I over shot the height I wanted, tried to lower it with no success.
How ever i could continue to raise the deck and now it's stuck on the maximum height.

Mick

Sounds to me (as it works in one direction) either a wire in that kettle plug is broken or loose, or perhaps the height switch has gone faulty.  That's only a guess though. 

Are you any good at testing electrics, as in checking the output of the machine socket etc?  If not I reckon a trip to your dealer will be in order.
My websites
TGMForum Youtube Channel Please subscribe https://www.youtube.com/@TGMForum
Guitarist Guild

mr vip

I'll get the tester on it.
Thank you 👌

TGMF is a participant in the Amazon EU Associates Program. This affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to products on Amazon.