• Welcome to The Garden Machinery Forum. Please login or sign up.

Welcome to The Garden Machinery Forum. Please login or sign up.

November 27, 2021, 01:42:37 AM

Login with username, password and session length

Recent Posts

Members
  • Total Members: 133
  • Latest: 40jack
Stats
  • Total Posts: 1012
  • Total Topics: 302
  • Online Today: 15
  • Online Ever: 275
  • (January 22, 2020, 07:39:54 PM)
Users Online
Users: 0
Guests: 9
Total: 9

So who's taken the plunge and switched to battery power?

Started by Mick, September 04, 2021, 06:09:54 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Mick

So who's taken the plunge and switched to battery power?

Although I still have my old Hayter Harrier 56, I decided this year to to give battery power a try.  Got myself a EGO LM1900E-SP and a 7.5AH battery and fast charger.  Must say it's an absolute joy to use. Light, powerful and just so convenient to use. 

Power is easily on par with a petrol 19" and the collection is just fantastic, it packs the box whether the grass is damp or dry.  Battery life: A single charge is also more than adequate to cut front and back lawn and still has more than 30 percent charge left. the battery as it's a 7.5ah takes around an hour to fully charge.  This mower can also be purchased as kit LM1903E-SP, which comes with a 5.0ah battery and fast charger which takes around 40 minutes to fully charge.

Do I miss the stripes: No I don't at all.  ;)

kevinthelawnmowerman

I have a small Einhell push mower, model GE-CM 33 Li Kit. This will run for around 40 minutes and will cut both my lawns.

Mick

Quote from: kevinthelawnmowerman on October 02, 2021, 12:02:08 PMI have a small Einhell push mower, model GE-CM 33 Li Kit. This will run for around 40 minutes and will cut both my lawns.

Sounds good, and does what you need it to do. And no faffing about with petrol and getting the thing started makes these things so convenient.

Only thing that worries me is the reliability after a year or two, the batteries and other components are pretty pricey to replace. But most are backed up with some fairly decent warranties these days.  Time will tell. ;)