TGMForum
screwfix

Recent Posts

Members
Stats
  • Total Posts: 1,980
  • Total Topics: 757
  • Online today: 64
  • Online ever: 275 (January 22, 2020, 07:39:54 PM)
Users Online
  • Users: 0
  • Guests: 49
  • Total: 49
  • Yandex
  • Google

bosch advanced rotak 750 drive belt

Started by openspaceman, June 06, 2023, 02:03:41 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

openspaceman

Has anyone any tips for getting a new poly Vee belt back on this mower, it seems very tight and with the drive pulley brake on too much friction to slip it on?

Mick

They are great fun to do, I usually manage to roll them on with my hands. Haven't done one for a while though.
My websites
TGMForum Youtube Channel Please subscribe https://www.youtube.com/@TGMForum
Guitarist Guild

openspaceman

Your idea of fun and mine must differ  :) Gunga Din

I stretched the belt on but the owner had done some melty plastic damage to the bottom bearing housing and the motor was a bit noisy and after a few minutes cutting it cut out, no magic smoke.

Do you know what the device on the incoming main is that has a white (live) wire  and brown wire marked 3MP33951 is, it looks like it may sense the blade passing underneath it?

openspaceman

Quick update; one of the brushes had jumped out, I think the owner must have damaged the plastic housing when the motor was upside down, to fit the belt.

Mount super glued back and I expect it will last out this season.

Rach

Quote from: openspaceman on June 07, 2023, 05:07:23 PMDo you know what the device on the incoming main is that has a white (live) wire  and brown wire marked 3MP33951 is, it looks like it may sense the blade passing underneath it?

This break down of the mower may have the answer to that one: https://www.mtmc.co.uk/Bosch-AdvancedRotak-750-/-3600HB9305-/-EU-230-Volt-Spare-Parts__p-159783.aspx

Part 93 looks like it faces downwards towards the blade, which is listed as a thermal protector

openspaceman

TGMF is a participant in the Amazon EU Associates Program. This affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to products on Amazon.