TGMForum
justlawnmowers

Recent Posts

Members
Stats
  • Total Posts: 1,912
  • Total Topics: 745
  • Online today: 55
  • Online ever: 275 (January 22, 2020, 07:39:54 PM)
Users Online
  • Users: 0
  • Guests: 28
  • Total: 28

Sourcing Zama Carburettors

Started by Sallyday10, April 27, 2021, 03:42:21 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Sallyday10

Hi All,

Second post, so hi to you all.

I'm repairing a Mantis Tiller 2-stroke that's had some old fuel left in the tank for a million years. It's had an aftermarket (Chinese crap) carb fitted and I'm keen to get a new original Zama carb and re-fit that one.

Anyone found a decent source for these Zama carbs, or are there any other decent manufacturers out there that may supply a suitable, reliable alternative?

Cheers,
Sal.

graeme70926

is it not possible to ultrasonic clean and re kit the carb? ive a chinese (ebay) carb on my mantis and its worked well for 2 years, only reason i have is because when i bought it from a farm sale it had no carb on it.

http://www.rowenacarbs.co.uk/ This place is the best ive found for carb spares, i buy all my chainsaw carb kits from here. Ive always found it easier to ring them than go through their website

Ive just looked on the mantis web site and there is no parts department anymore, they used to list all their spares.

As my mantis is only used a few times a year i run it on Aspen rather than pump fuel as it doesnt go off like pump fuel.

Mick

Some of the Chinese carbs work very well to be fair, I don't use them on customers machines that's not something a main dealer would do, but have used them for my own gear and not had issues.  I wouldn't go as far as to fit a service kit in one though as it's cheaper to get another carb for a tenner instead of repairing it.

The mantis two stroke uses the same KIORITZ engine as the older ECHO machines, so maybe sourcing a carb from one of those would be another option, won't be cheap though.
My websites
TGMForum Youtube Channel Please subscribe https://www.youtube.com/@TGMForum
Guitarist Guild

TGMF is a participant in the Amazon EU Associates Program. This affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to products on Amazon.