TGMForum

Recent Posts

Members
Stats
  • Total Posts: 1,943
  • Total Topics: 753
  • Online today: 36
  • Online ever: 275 (January 22, 2020, 07:39:54 PM)
Users Online
  • Users: 0
  • Guests: 39
  • Total: 39
  • Google

cub cadet ride on

Started by miker, April 09, 2020, 09:03:51 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

miker

Hi, new here, i came across from arbtalk
Cub cadet ride on with cub engine conked out on me , 1 years old but has only done 20 hours or so, started to splutter and then died, started fine after being sat over the winter , then after 10 minutes or so is when the prob lem started, i have fuel to the carb,i undid the bolt in the bowl and drained out what i thought might have been stale fuel, it then started but hunted for fuel and then was spluttering
Any ideas
Cheers
Mike

Mick

Hi Mike, and welcome to TGMF.

Always a bit tricky to say what's happening without seeing or hearing what it's dong.  But, I'm guessing since it started after draining the float bowl, and then hunting it still has some sort of blockage in the fuel system.  As a starting point give the Carb a blow out, and make sure it's running on fresh (new) fuel. 
My websites
TGMForum Youtube Channel Please subscribe https://www.youtube.com/@TGMForum
Guitarist Guild

miker

Thanks Mick
I will whip the carb off and give it a clean out, im not to up on these auto choke things but ill have a go
Stay safe
Cheers
Mike

TGMF is a participant in the Amazon EU Associates Program. This affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to products on Amazon.