TGMForum
millets

Recent Posts

Members
Stats
  • Total Posts: 1,934
  • Total Topics: 748
  • Online today: 36
  • Online ever: 275 (January 22, 2020, 07:39:54 PM)
Users Online
  • Users: 1
  • Guests: 37
  • Total: 38
  • Mick

Honda HRX 476 rear roller wanted

Started by Evergreen1976, August 08, 2021, 03:06:56 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Evergreen1976

Hi Forum anyone have a rear roller assembly that would fit a Honda hrx 476 that they would like to sell??
I've just bought a second hand machine and have been ripped off as once I got home and inspected it I've seen the rear roller is knackered.AB888C26-3601-4E75-AAE9-4DC70F2169F1.jpegAB888C26-3601-4E75-AAE9-4DC70F2169F1.jpegF1F83896-59DC-4688-AA19-56AA11C8E831.jpeg

Mick

I definitely haven't got one, but hopefully someone will see you post and be able to help you.

I have got to replace one myself when the new roller and bearings arrives. Pretty common fault on these machines though, we've changed several over the years.   
My websites
TGMForum Youtube Channel Please subscribe https://www.youtube.com/@TGMForum
Guitarist Guild

Evergreen1976

Hi mick I'm wondering if it's worth welding a piece of steel road on the end that's failed

Quote from: Mick on August 08, 2021, 04:13:59 PMI definitely haven't got one, but hopefully someone will see you post and be able to help you.

I have got to replace one myself when the new roller and bearings arrives. Pretty common fault on these machines though, we've changed several over the years.   

Mick

I guess you have nothing to lose by trying it. ;) The drive end looks ok, so as long as the bearings are good, and the sprung thrust washer is in place it should work.

I've seen these shaft ends worn right off, so you're lucky there's still something there to work with.

Let us know how it goes.
My websites
TGMForum Youtube Channel Please subscribe https://www.youtube.com/@TGMForum
Guitarist Guild

Evergreen1976

Will do Mick I'm trying to get it done this week.

Quote from: Mick on August 08, 2021, 08:14:14 PMI guess you have nothing to lose by trying it. ;) The drive end looks ok, so as long as the bearings are good, and the sprung thrust washer is in place it should work.

I've seen these shaft ends worn right off, so you're lucky there's still something there to work with.

Let us know how it goes.

Evergreen1976

Ok so I machined a piece of steel rod down to the exact dimensions of a new one and with some careful welding have managed to save my roller.
Happy for now at least

TGMF is a participant in the Amazon EU Associates Program. This affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to products on Amazon.