TGMForum

Recent Posts

Members
Stats
  • Total Posts: 1,854
  • Total Topics: 729
  • Online today: 24
  • Online ever: 275 (January 22, 2020, 07:39:54 PM)
Users Online
  • Users: 0
  • Guests: 20
  • Total: 20

Blade position setup

Started by jdneil1977, June 05, 2020, 05:42:02 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

jdneil1977

Hi

I have a John Deere x540 mower with triple blade 54" cut.

Does anyone know if there is a specific position or alignment for the blades after removal for sharpening or replacement. (To avoid contact when in motion)

Many thanks

Neil Shearer

Mick

Hi Neil, and welcome to TGMF

I'm not up on John Deer stuff unfortunately, but if all blades run in the same direction, and are set in a slightly triangular formation in the deck then they shouldn't be able to touch each other regardless of the position.  That's the reason for the triangular layout, so they overlap but can't can't touch. 
My websites
TGMForum Youtube Channel Please subscribe https://www.youtube.com/@TGMForum
Guitarist Guild

GardenKit

The 54" deck from John Deere is V belt driven as opposed to tooth belt. As Mick says, the blades cannot hit each other, but will change position relative to each other as they slip, as they are intended to. It does not matter if you try to set them as they will move anyway.

jdneil1977

Hi guys,

Thank you both very much for the replies to my thread. The information provided has cleared up a lot of doubt I had. I'll reply with the results once I've experimented with the blades!

Thanks again

Neil Shearer

TGMF is a participant in the Amazon EU Associates Program. This affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to products on Amazon.