TGMForum

Recent Posts

Members
Stats
  • Total Posts: 1,983
  • Total Topics: 758
  • Online today: 64
  • Online ever: 275 (January 22, 2020, 07:39:54 PM)
Users Online
  • Users: 0
  • Guests: 24
  • Total: 24
  • Google

Honda HRX 476 not starting or running

Started by BigT, January 19, 2023, 02:19:56 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

BigT

Hi. I've stripped & serviced my Honda HRX 476. Beforehand it was difficult to start & was hunting when idling.
It has a new plug, airfilter, fuel & oil.
It is now even more difficult to start, misfiring & won't idle.
I've checked what are obvious things, but have a feeling I've maybe not put something back correctly.
Anyone any ideas?

Mick

Hi, and welcome to TGMF.

One of he most common problems I see when someone has had one of these apart is they quite often put the gaskets and insulator between the carb and the engine block the wrong way around or in the wrong order. This will make it run really roughly. 

The carbs themselves are also pretty fussy when it comes to slight blockages, we normally sonic clean them after running the Honda clearing pins through all jets and emulsion tube. Pilot jey is the usual culprit, that is hiding under a screw on the top of the carb.

And regarding the starting issue, make sure choke is going fully on when in the start position.  They very often don't. ;)
My websites
TGMForum Youtube Channel Please subscribe https://www.youtube.com/@TGMForum
Guitarist Guild

TGMF is a participant in the Amazon EU Associates Program. This affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to products on Amazon.