TGMForum
Welcome to TGM Forum. Registration is easy and free, why not jump straight in and post.

Recent Posts

Members
Stats
  • Total Posts: 1,856
  • Total Topics: 730
  • Online today: 124
  • Online ever: 275 (January 22, 2020, 07:39:54 PM)
Users Online
  • Users: 0
  • Guests: 27
  • Total: 27

B&Q try3.5plma won't rev up

Started by TheSoulDoctor_123, September 08, 2020, 10:24:30 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

TheSoulDoctor_123

Ok, Hi there,

I've just joined this forum, so not sure if I'm even posting to the right bit, but here goes!!  I'm learning about little engines bit by bit, so I've got a couple of mowers to strip and play around with.
I'm having a look at one of those little B&Q mowers (try3.5plma hand propelled) that isn't working quite right...

It starts up first pull on choke, then appears rev-wise to idle on choke, it will sit there doing that all day.  When you let the throttle lever go, there's no change, it stays at low revs all the way down the lever.  Ive taken the air filter off to have a look in the carb, the choke butterfly closes on choke, and moving the lever, it goes all the way open too.  I took the carb off quickly last night thinking maybe the main jet is blocked, but haven't found anything in the twilight.  Is there something that I've missed?  The govenor appears to be doing it's thing, the screw to limit it's movement is dialled right the way out, so I don't know if it's meant to be like that?

Thanks for any help/ideas,

John.

Mick

Hi John, and welcome to TGMF

Sounds like either the throttle shaft is stuck, or Governor spring isn't attached to the linkage.  Do you have a pic of the top of the carb with linkage please?
My websites
TGMForum Youtube Channel Please subscribe https://www.youtube.com/@TGMForum
Guitarist Guild

TheSoulDoctor_123

Thanks for the welcome,  Mick.  I'll try nd get a couple of snaps sorted tomorrow evening once I get home from work. Thank you,
John

TheSoulDoctor_123

It might be tomorrow before I can sort this one out, Mick. I've got to work out a way to compress the pictures before I can send them, and nothing is obvious on my phone camera!!
Sorry,
John.

TGMF is a participant in the Amazon EU Associates Program. This affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to products on Amazon.