TGMForum
toolstation

Recent Posts

Members
Stats
  • Total Posts: 1,966
  • Total Topics: 754
  • Online today: 33
  • Online ever: 275 (January 22, 2020, 07:39:54 PM)
Users Online
  • Users: 0
  • Guests: 16
  • Total: 16

Stihl FS 70 C Cutting Head Greasing

Started by JBASport, May 24, 2023, 06:24:19 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

JBASport

I have a Stihl FS 70 C Strimmer and there is no obvious greasing point on the head. I have looked at videos that show a screw that you remove to screw in a tube of grease on the side of the head. Mine doesn't have such a grease point. Is the head likely to be non serviceable or is there another way of greasing the head, which is getting very hot whilst in use. Any help would be much appreciated. Thanks, Terry

Mick

Hi JBASport, and welcome to TGMF.

You have a sealed for life head on your machine, so no grease bung on the side of the head. They do get pretty warm in use, even the greaseable ones do.  But obviously the downside is you can't tell if it has any or enough grease in it.

On some of these I have removed the head from the drive tube and forced grease into the box through the hole in the drive pinion, this hole goes into the gearbox.  It's a pain though. 
My websites
TGMForum Youtube Channel Please subscribe https://www.youtube.com/@TGMForum
Guitarist Guild

JBASport

TGMF is a participant in the Amazon EU Associates Program. This affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to products on Amazon.